If you are speaking on a regular basis, you get used to packing and unpacking everything that you need for your presentations. However, it is very easy to leave something small behind that you really need!
I have my own checklist of stuff that I always take with me. I use some of them at almost every presentation, and some items (such as spare extension cables) are for “just in case”.
So, here are some things that you may consider adding to your checklist.
- Wireless (presenter) mouse
- Power cables
- Extension cables
- Adapters & cables (USB, network, audio etc)
- Masking tape
- Presentation on CD, laptop & memory stick
- Backup copy of presentation in separate bag
- Venue should supply – but check with them!
- Microphone / AV gear
- White-board / flip-chart pens
- Conference packs / handouts
- Back of room sales items (books, CD’s etc)
- Spare batteries
- Printout of presentation (just in case)
- Business cards
- Printed introduction (for the MC to use to introduce you)
- Change of clothing – in case somebody spills coffee all over you just before you speak
- Directions to venue!
What do you pack that is not on my list?