Here are eight thoughts that Mark left us with when he was at our Toastmasters Conference last May.
- What do you want the audience to think differently about when they leave the room?
- It is not about being sensational, it is about being sincere.
- It is not what you can offer, it is what does the audience want.
- Stories do not need to be mind-blowing, they just need a point.
- Everybody has stories.
- Be aware of others – listen to them, learn their names.
- Be humble – you are speaking for others.
- Be descriptive.
Follow these ideas, and you will present a great speech!
ps: If you ever have the opportunity to hear Mark Brown speak, please do – he has a great message (and a pretty amazing voice as well!)