The other day at a Toastmasters meeting, a speaker mentioned seven directions where we can look.
- Look behind you to know where you have come from
- Look forward to know where you are going
- Look up to see the endless possibility (how fascinating)
- Look down to keep yourself firmly on the ground
- Look left and right, to see what is around you
- And finally, look inside you to know what it all means.
I quite like that – what do you think?
(the speaker Andrew actually used right and wrong instead of left and right, that also puts an interesting slant on it. Look around to know what is right, and what is wrong)
Image from http://www.stanleylondon.com/compsurv.htm.