Here is a great outline to follow when creating a story. This list comes from a storytelling workshop presented by Dorian Haarhoff at the Toastmasters Conference in Port Elizabeth.
Take Little Red Riding Hood for example:
- People – Red Riding Hood, her grandmother, the woodcutter and the wicked wolf
- Place – a forest
- Pleasant – Red Riding Hood going to visit her grandmother
- Problem – the wolf eats and then masquerades as grandmother
- Plan – chop off the wolf?s head
- Process – saved by the woodcutter
- Product – we all live happily ever after
Remember, facts tell, and stories sell ? so go out and write some great stories.