In the last month, two people that I know have lost substantial amounts of data that was stored on their laptops. The first was due to a laptop that was stolen at a conference, the second due to a drive failure. Both of them are experienced computer users, and both are educated about the importance of regular data backups.
Neither of them was keeping any backups. Why? Because they didn’t think that it would happen to them. They were taking a risk, and not expecting the unexpected. This doesn’t just happen to computers; it happens everywhere.
- How long can you survive without a job until your car or house is taken away?
- Are you keeping yourself competitive and employable?
- Are you looking after your health?
- Do you have an emergency fund?
- Do you backup your computer?
What contingency plans do you have in place?