Some tips on completing tasks.
- Avoid add a task to today’s todo list, rather add it to the future. Adding it to today’s list adds additional pressure to completing what you have already committed to do.
- Does a task need to be completed perfectly, or just good enough? Remember the 80/20 rule. Often good enough is good enough.
- Remember – you will always have things on your todo list.
- Delegate the fun stuff – then it will get done.
- Have one todo list only.
- Take a break – you cannot be productive all the time.
- Types of tasks
- Should do
- Must do
- Don’t need to do
- Remember David Allan’s wise words:
- Delete (you will be surprised how often a defer turns into a delete)
- Finally, review your task list at the beginning of the day, and at the end of the day (just for a few minutes).