Why do so many companies make it so difficult to give them money? Here are just 5 ways to make me take my money elsewhere?
- Don’t have a website
- Have a website, but don’t provide contact details
- Have a website with contact details, but don’t respond to my queries
- Don’t return my phone calls
- Break your promises, or make unreasonable promises
I bet you are thinking that your business would never do any of these. These are not difficult things to get right; they really are the basics. If you can’t get these right, how are you going to get a complex task like implementing a 5 year growth strategy right?
In this week alone, every one of these has happened to me several times, when trying to work with both small and large organisations.
I just gained a new client because her current service provider takes too long to get back to her.
Not because my product is better, or because I am more skilled. It was simply because I am a better communicator than her previous supplier.
- How effective is your communication?
- What business are you losing because of your communiucation skills?
- How can you improve your communication with your clients?
Some tips I picked up from Gary (ex goal keeper for Manchester United) at our Toastmasters conference. Enjoy!
- Is a $1 billion business
- Has 300 million customers
- Delivers weekly to its customers
The principles of a good soccer team apply to business as well…
- Be tough- learns to takes knocks
- Build on gratitude
- Appreciate staff and all those around you
- Things go wrong for everybody at some time
- It’s how you deal with life, not what happens to you that is important
- Plan for the future
- Don’t send emotional emails because there is no emotion in email
- Make time for others
- Raise your energy
- Body; food & exercise
- Spirit; helping others