Originally I was trying to replicate the taste of Montreal Steak Spice, but over time it has morphed into my own recipe. This is great on just about anything cooked on coal (or cooked anywhere in fact).
Usually I throw the meat into a ziplock bag – add loads of olive oil, some of my braai spice (BBQ spice for everybody from outside South Africa), and I mix it around to make sure the meat is covered in seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons paprika (smoked makes a yummy alternative)
- 4 tablespoons roughly crushed black pepper
- 3 tablespoons roughly crushed salt
- 2 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoon granulated onion
- 3 tablespoon roughly crushed coriander
- 2 tablespoon crushed dill
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes