I have been using the Lush Aqua Marina soap for years, and recently the local stores have stoped making it, so of course I looked online and figured out how to make it myself.
Note: this is not the actual Lush recipe; it is just how I make it.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of Irish Moss in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of boiling water over the top (you can buy Irish moss from your local home-brew shop. Since I brew beer I already have some on hand).
- Stir well and allow to sit for about an hour
- Add 2-3 teaspoon of vegetable glycerine.
- Add 125ml of calamine lotion
- Add 4 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Blend well
- Add 1.5 cup of white kaolin clay (you can buy it online in South Africa).
- Mix until a thick paste forms. You might need to add a little more clay a little water to get it just right
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of sea salt over the mixture and blend well.
- Stir in 20 drops of interesting essential oils on it. Sweet orange and patchouli are good ones to use
- Put 1/2 sheet of Japanese nori in half and place the mixture on one end (sushi seaweed)
- Roll up as best as you can.
It lasts forever and is as good as the original product. This is a my own variation of a recipe that I found online here
Step by step
Add water to Irish Moss
Add calamine lotion
Add kaolin clay
Put onto 1/2 sheet seaweed
Roll into a ball (pretend you are making sushi)